Archos TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AthenaNI

Registered Shopper
One of the white ones now has my name on it :clapping::clapping:

I've been looking for a new MP3 for ages and actually had a Sansa Clip in my basket at Amazon. Saw this tonight and went looking for reviews. Journalist reviews were very positive as were most user reviews. On the basis of the reviews there wasn't much to choose between the Sansa and the Archos. Pricewise not much difference either so in the end it came down to colour and extras and on this QVC won. The white will be easy to find at the bottom of my handbag but the main reason the Archos won out was the mains adapter, it will be lovely not to have to boot up the laptop whenever I need it charged. It also means that when I go into hospital to get Kenny the Kidney Stone killed I'll be able to take this with me and charge it there instead of asking someone to take it home and charge it.

Estimated date of delivery - 10th Sept :grin:

It seems brilliant value Athena but does anyone know if you can download podcast radio programmes to it. I'd be lost without my beloved Radio4 podcasts. :)

Hope you enjoy your new MP3 player Athena. :D

susie wusie

Morning, been looking at MP3 players for a while but am daunted by having to download music onto them, can you copy tracks from CD's via a PC onto them and can you please let me know how technical you have to be to do this, and also are instructions comprehensive, please advise before l order.
Many thanks

Morning, been looking at MP3 players for a while but am daunted by having to download music onto them, can you copy tracks from CD's via a PC onto them and can you please let me know how technical you have to be to do this, and also are instructions comprehensive, please advise before l order.
Many thanks

I second that

I have no idea about this one but in most cases Windows Media Player can do all the work in ripping the CD and transferring it across to an MP3 player.

It seems brilliant value Athena but does anyone know if you can download podcast radio programmes to it. I'd be lost without my beloved Radio4 podcasts. :)

Hope you enjoy your new MP3 player Athena. :D

tech specs I saw elsewhere said it did record from radio.

Many thanks

You need to 'rip' the music from the CD on to your PC and then copy it across to the MP3. The easiest way to do this would be to use Windows Media player. There are better programs but if you're not sure then this will be familiar to you and do it all for you.
Once you have the music ripped, you then use Windows Media player to transfer it to the MP3.
If you have music already on your pc then it's even easier, just find the music you want on the pc, right click and choose 'send to' and pick your MP3 player.
It really is easy. Why not order it, have a go - ask here for detailed instructions if you need any help and if you still can't get to grips with it you can always sent it back (as long as you're not in danger of the letter or phone call of course!)

Calvin, podcasts are just another file so yes it should play them ok.

I already have an 8 gig memory card so that will give me 16gigs. I have 2 gigs of music on my pc I'll transfer across. I'll also put about another 1 gig of photos on it and the rest will be filled with tv series.

Don't forget you can also use the space to put documents on the MP3 player to transfer to another computer, an MP3 player is really just a fancy memory stick.

hth

AthenaNI

I've been after one for ages to replace a basic 1GB one that only shuffles tracks, thought this was an excellent price after checking Amazon for similar. Ordered one in Black and can't wait for it to arrive (sounding like I've just ordered a heap of Decleor products!)
:happy:

Latest posts

Back