Anne Dawson on Ken Paves show right now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DMS

Registered Shopper
Someone needs to tell Anne Dawson that her foundation is far too dark for her.... her face is flipping ORANGE...:giggle:
and you can see the tide line of that and her white neck....

Oh bless her, who on earth got her ready...she looks like a sack tied in the middle....

Her real hair looks blah, her outfit is vile and the TSV shoes make it look even frumpier.

Shame there are no mirrors in QVC dressing rooms!!

Oh, and add that to the orange face as mentioned above!!

Don't like Ann's fashion look but when she had the wig on I thought how good she looked.( compare her with own hair on the Sketchers show!) Cathy looked so much better last week in the wig.Why do these middle aged women hang on to longer hair?I'd love to see Julia in one of these wigs, they all look so much more youthful.Ken please can we have one in GREY! I know a colour unknown in Hollywood!

Ann tried on a darker short wig and looked so much better it was quite amazing. She didn't like it, however, and soon got Ken to put her in a blonde short version. Shorter hair is better on her. She was saying that she firmly believes longer hair on middle aged women is more youthful. I don't agree at all. Obviously it depends on individuals but long hair, particularly if it is heavily dyed, is very ageing as it drags the eye down. Shorter hair highlights the shape of the face and eyes IMHO.
Ken tactfully said that he doesn't like people talking about one look being better than another, but we should embrace change. As a hairdresser I guess that is good business for him!

Just when I thought that outfit couldn't get any worse, Anne has added a pair of heavy dark rimmed glasses! She has changed into some boots though so has redeemed herself a little bit.

Anne has improved herself no end in the last year or so but she's having an off day. That outfit reminded me of Pollyanna having to wear what the poor didn't want out of the missionary barrel. At least she was brave enough to sport the tsv but should have worn black socks. I noticed that her forehead has become strangely immobile - when did that happen?

Its a Yong Kim top isnt it? Either that or Friar Tuck has brought out a range of fashion

anne has improved herself no end in the last year or so but she's having an off day. That outfit reminded me of pollyanna having to wear what the poor didn't want out of the missionary barrel. At least she was brave enough to sport the tsv but should have worn black socks. I noticed that her forehead has become strangely immobile - when did that happen?

her skin is looking very good

I really liked the outfit, except the skirt was a tad short and she needed an ankle boot on or anything other than those vile dolly bar TSV shoes. Haven't seen her look so good in ages.

I like Ann but that dress thingy was awful. Looked like one of those designer rags from Yong Kim. Thought she looked OK in that wig but I've seen her in better ones. Ken was delightful as usual. He's so watchable and normal.

CC

I love Kens shows. Id love to be there with a big box of all the dos in my colour and try them all! Ive got a style a do and its great to bung on on holiday, just wash hair, let it dry, tie it back and whack it on. Id like a fringe but fear it would give me a conical yeti head!

Ann wears a lot of Yong Kim since she put her Zumba weight loss back on. Being loose fitting I suppose they hide a lot. I can't imagine why she thinks her hair style does anything for her. Being flat to her head it accentuates her wide parting.

........I can't imagine why she thinks her hair style does anything for her. Being flat to her head it accentuates her wide parting.

Too straight and the colour is so "bottle-blonde". Fine if you're 15 but not if you're 50. Shrieks of a woman desperately trying to stay looking young to me, but it just emphasises her age.

Cathy has just said in the Wed a.m show they have been asked for more styles in GREY! & Ken said they are working on a wig in Grey, may be tempted in the future.These things look very easy on TV but what are they really like?I am planning a trip to the west coast US later this year & I'm on a mission to introduce them to wrinkles, fat & grey hair.

I have that style a do thing and that's really easy BUT they advice twisting it round the hair (like a scrunchie) three times. Well there's no way mind will do that. I can get it round twice but there's not enough stretch in it to get round a third time.

Most people assume its real but I don't think anyone looks at it that closely. I do think its easier to get the colour choice right if you have dark hair. The colours are more limited in some respects but with dark brunette hair I could get away with dark brown or medium brown.

Going back to Anne. I think her hairstyle is very harsh. Poker straight hair isn't very forgiving and I think she's fallen into that trap of going lighter as you get older. It is more flattering to be a few shades lighter but her bottle blond is several shades too far.

From memory she used to be red blonde and it really suited her.

Cathy has just said in the Wed a.m show they have been asked for more styles in GREY! & Ken said they are working on a wig in Grey, may be tempted in the future.These things look very easy on TV but what are they really like?I am planning a trip to the west coast US later this year & I'm on a mission to introduce them to wrinkles, fat & grey hair.

Hmm, when I went to the USA they needed no introduction to fat! They have some very large people over there.

Latest posts

Back