Alternative uses for products no longer wanted

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

livelovelaugh

Registered Shopper
I thought I would share - and hopefully learn - some tips for products that I do not use anymore. I have a stash that has built up after products included in packs that I do not use/stockpiling in the past (not too distant past!) and simply outgrowing a range, etc...so, here are my tips...hope they help and others can add to them!

Facial wash/hand wash/shampoo/conditioner - I had stacks of Purity and others, but have found they are absolutely great for cleaning make-up brushes very thoroughly without damaging the brush

Mineral make-up - I have seen the latest trend is for suede lips...almost any colour of mineral make-up that is no longer used or does not suit can be adapted with the right base (either a lipstick or gloss) to make the most perfect suede lip colour. It seems to last quite well also!

I agree with you re the using facial washes/shampoos/shower gels etc for cleaning make up brushes. That works for me. If I have any ABC Tea Tree wash I sometimes use that too.

I once had a bottle of Ojon that I simply couldn't use and was out of the 30 MBG, so in all seriousness (don't laugh) I used it to clean my bath. I am not supposed to use abrasive Cif type cleaners on it - and this was perfect, got all the crud off and make it nice and clean.

I use dog ends of tubes of face scrub etc as an instant manicure scrub instead of buying a specially formulated product.

Oh - and the ION Convert Your Vinyl to MP3 Gadget has proved to be a very handy receptacle for me to put all my loose bits of paper, pencils, CDs, sweets and other bits of cruddy detritus on instead of using it for the purpose I bought it for which was to convert my vinyl records...oops :bandit:

facial scrubs are also good for elbows & feet...some are so abrasive I wouldn't use them on my mush anyway!

the ABC skinwash is brill for everything...have a tub in the shower - I dilute some down into the foaming handwash doodah, and I then use that to clean round bath and shower...I tend to dermatitis/eczema so much better for me than using proprietary cleaners anyway.

anything really unwanted goes on the charity pile beside the chest on the landing..not much gets thrown away at our house!

I agree with you re the using facial washes/shampoos/shower gels etc for cleaning make up brushes. That works for me. If I have any ABC Tea Tree wash I sometimes use that too.

I once had a bottle of Ojon that I simply couldn't use and was out of the 30 MBG, so in all seriousness (don't laugh) I used it to clean my bath. I am not supposed to use abrasive Cif type cleaners on it - and this was perfect, got all the crud off and make it nice and clean.

I use dog ends of tubes of face scrub etc as an instant manicure scrub instead of buying a specially formulated product.

Oh - and the ION Convert Your Vinyl to MP3 Gadget has proved to be a very handy receptacle for me to put all my loose bits of paper, pencils, CDs, sweets and other bits of cruddy detritus on instead of using it for the purpose I bought it for which was to convert my vinyl records...oops :bandit:

Our plumber told us the best thing to use to clean your bath was shampoo for greasy hair.

I find the elemis milk bath brings the toilet bowl up sparkling. It's quite economical too as you only need to use a third of the bottle. Remember to leave it on overnight.

I find the elemis milk bath brings the toilet bowl up sparkling. It's quite economical too as you only need to use a third of the bottle. Remember to leave it on overnight.

I trust that you ordered the gi-huge bottle at £48 then....look loooovely in the loo!

SBC facial exfoliater is like using sandpaper with grit in on your face. Made my face very sore. Use it now as a hand & foot scrub. Works a treat.

Not quite in the same vain, but save the odds and ends of products to take away with you on holiday, then bin them before you come home..... no money wasted on travel size products, and no bottles or tubes to return with. I tend to do this with toothpaste and shampoo etc... works a treat!

I have also used harsh facial scrubs as body scrubs. End tubes of face mask or if they are too rich for the face I use as hand masks. Facial oils that weren't suitable I use as hand/nail massage oil.

I did have a Decleor Balm essential which did change in colour and texture slightly and now use that as a lip/nail balm.

Latest posts

Back