Already asked on the IW forum, but does anyone have a Bodyblade/Flexibar?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Do they work? Summer's here and me bingo wings are out. One strong gust and I'll be blown away!

Graham said they helped his neck/back (that'd be a huge bonus for me), but any other reviews? It looks like something I'd pick up before my hand weights (that haven't been used since I moved over a year ago) which I have a bit of difficulty with 'cos of my arthritis.

TIA

can't remeber wether mine were called body blades or cardio blades, they are either in the loft or been sent to the tip with all thother fitness equipment that the novelty wore off quickly.
the piece of equipment that has not gone this way is my Pilates machine.

I purchased a Flexibar from IW a few years ago, in fact I think it was my first purchase from them. Of course, I was totally taken in by the sales pitch. I have to say, I think it should work because the exercises they were doing are those that I do in my Bums and Tums class, so with the addition of the Flexibar then they should be more effective. I think I need to practice my technique a bit, I found it harder to do using my left hand than my right.

I suppose it's like anything - you have to really persevere and use it on a regular basis. In theory I believe it SHOULD work!

I would love a Pilates machine if I only had the room for one.

Me again. On rereading your post I realise I didn't really answer your question. The Flexibar is not heavy but some dexterity is required to get it going!

I bought a flexi-bar from John Lewis and love it. You have to use it regularly (surprise surprise) but it pays off in the end. I had hideous bingo wings and they are SO much better after 6 weeks of doing about 15 minutes 4 times a week. I also love my pilates machine but I use that for flexibilty (for my fibromyalgia) more than muscles.

Hope this is helpful.

I bought a flexi-bar from John Lewis and love it. You have to use it regularly (surprise surprise) but it pays off in the end. I had hideous bingo wings and they are SO much better after 6 weeks of doing about 15 minutes 4 times a week. I also love my pilates machine but I use that for flexibilty (for my fibromyalgia) more than muscles.

Hope this is helpful.

Is the one from John Lewis the same as they sell on QVC?
I'm having a bit of a re-think about this now.......! lol
I haven't got much of a grip (make that any grip! lol), could I still use one then would you say? :thinking2:

I have had a cardio blade for years and it worked brilliantly well. I had to stop using it because of the illness and it's only now I feel I could start using it again. It's only a few minutes at a time which I like. If your grip is weak use a powerball.

I've got a flexibar and I believe that they do work for some people. However, I have arthritis in the shoulders and neck and It tenses my shoulders and absolutely kills after only a few seconds use. Perhaps it would improve with continued use but I'm afraid it's gathering dust in the garage as I can't bear the thought of more pain.

Latest posts

Back