Alleluia! A plus size model in an appropriate size dress... looking good.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Amazingly enough it's a Join hour (muted as Ali Keenan is talking a mile a minute). The firsst dress they've shown looks really nice on the larger size model. She actually looked a lot better in the dress than Cordelia.

Health warning on the next item - they've got Goodey showing a tunic and the armholes are revealing far too much Goodey for my liking.

Yes even the well preserved body of Goody is succumbing to the ravages of time. I gulped when I saw my forearms recently. I was laid flat in bed and just happened to raise and bend my arms to eye level (early morning stretching) - dear Lord talk about flabby flesh, orange peel and wrinkles, something that's not noticeable in normal daily activity. I was shocked ! Just try it, especially if you're over 60. Hardly a wake up call, as too late now for anything to rectify it, but still a bit of a jolt to see one's skin starting to deteriorate; and never EVER look down onto a mirror, it would not only frighten the horses but the whole ****** farmyard !!!!

Yes even the well preserved body of Goody is succumbing to the ravages of time. I gulped when I saw my forearms recently. I was laid flat in bed and just happened to raise and bend my arms to eye level (early morning stretching) - dear Lord talk about flabby flesh, orange peel and wrinkles, something that's not noticeable in normal daily activity. I was shocked ! Just try it, especially if you're over 60. Hardly a wake up call, as too late now for anything to rectify it, but still a bit of a jolt to see one's skin starting to deteriorate; and never EVER look down onto a mirror, it would not only frighten the horses but the whole ****** farmyard !!!!

:mysmilie_17: I'm certain that's an exaggeration Briss. I did look in the mirror after a rather long night out recently and wondered just exactly when I'd invited my mother to stay. Big wake up call LOL.

CC

Always seems a dumb idea to have a One Size policy for a clothing firm. Seems like it's more for their stock convenience than their differently-proportioned customers'.

Tellingly, the first item last night was sized. Later in the same hour they had Simone - the plus size model - in a one size "fits" all... not a good look. But the first dress looked exceptionally good on her compared to Cordie. Could also be the colour they put the two models in.

Although one size was their big selling point I note they have now started to size some items. I think that tells us everything we want to know. Whilst something baggy can "fit" over any sized tummy and bum what about shoulders, sleeves, bust?

I am fairly neat on top and can be up to nearly 2 sizes bigger in the hips so if it fits around the bottom it is far too big on the top.

Latest posts

Back