Alison, shut up !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Dear Lord, Ali Keenan she just HAS to put her oar in with a personal comment when the guest (in this case Marla Wynne) is 'attempting' to describe her products. She's cross talking about what she has, what she wants, and how she cant walk in the heels, all manner of irrelevant stuff, and laughing like a sodding hyena after she makes her comment, for most of the show. Thankfully MW carries on to get her point across, but Ali ought to put a sock in it.

Whenever I've watched the still nervous after all theses years AK, which is not often because her pneumatic drill delivery gives me heart palpitations, she does like to drop the odd personal comment in, like her wedding, wedding anniversary, wedding day clothes she wore, wedding day jewellery she wore, her grandkids. Next it will be, both christenings, watch she wore for both christenings, the jewellery she wore for both christenings, her wedding, her wedding anniversary.............

Yes I agree. I actually stayed up to watch the Marla midnight show (can't think of the last time I have done that) I am normally pretty tolerant of the presenters but I found her delivery breathless and rushed

Whenever I've watched the still nervous after all theses years AK, which is not often because her pneumatic drill delivery gives me heart palpitations, she does like to drop the odd personal comment in, like her wedding, wedding anniversary, wedding day clothes she wore, wedding day jewellery she wore, her grandkids. Next it will be, both christenings, watch she wore for both christenings, the jewellery she wore for both christenings, her wedding, her wedding anniversary.............

Oh god is she still banging on about that ****** wedding. You'd think it was the social event of the decade. Was it televised with a Dimbleby? I thought that if you got married (?again) at such an advanced age as she is, it would be more dignified to profess your happiness in a more quiet way, not act like some shrieking 18 year old who's wed and moved in with Mr Wonderful.

Last edited:
I have come to think the reason I don't mind the male presenters so much is that the shrieking voices of all the females really gets on my thrupenny bits. Pipa is shrieking at top notch at the moment.

Q could enter a team and win gold all the way if it ever became an Olympic event.

I caught AK saying about her holiday and I thought AGAIN? For full time workers the presenters seems to be on holiday every other month.

I got so fed up about the bleeding wedding I had to mute any show I was interested in. No one wants to deny her happiness but it was No 3 or 4 and she had been living with him for years. And as for those grandkids ......

Oh god is she still banging on about that ****** wedding. You'd think it was the social event of the decade. Was it televised with a Dimbleby? I thought that if you got married (?again) at such an advanced age as she is, it would be more dignified to profess your happiness in a more quiet way, not act like some shrieking 18 year old who's wed and moved in with Mr Wonderful.

Yes, I'm surprised QVC didn't flog mugs and tea shirts with the event on. In twenty five years it'll be her wedding jubilee, it'll be a public holiday and we'll be having street parties, when I say we, I don't mean me :mysmilie_14:

When I opened this, I thought I was gonna read about AY again.

I did think someone here was going to tell her to shut up before Joan Collins did earlier this week when she persisted in getting her I Am Woman perfume wrong. "I am A Woman."

I could almost hear Joanie say through gritted teeth, "But you ain't a lady!". Now that would have been funny :mysmilie_17:

Gold and silver tone commemorative coins with her face on with 25%reduction for the set for customers.They of course would 'fly out'.:mysmilie_13:

Last edited:
Yes, I'm surprised QVC didn't flog mugs and tea shirts with the event on. In twenty five years it'll be her wedding jubilee, it'll be a public holiday and we'll be having street parties, when I say we, I don't mean me :mysmilie_14:

Blimey, she / they missed a trick there! I couldn't believe that she was happy to have her special day turned into a marketing vehicle for QVC.

I think this is a plus vote for male presenters on all the shopping channels, to be fair. Unfortunately, many of the females do adopt this hysterical persona and longing to "share" with you every boring detail of their private lives. As someone once said, the only person interested in what your grandmother had was your grandfather!! Seriously, it's OK by me if they share the odd bit of information, but not when they go on and on about their personal lives, kids weddings, their weddings, summer holidays and so on.
I have come to think the reason I don't mind the male presenters so much is that the shrieking voices of all the females really gets on my thrupenny bits. Pipa is shrieking at top notch at the moment.

Q could enter a team and win gold all the way if it ever became an Olympic event.

I caught AK saying about her holiday and I thought AGAIN? For full time workers the presenters seems to be on holiday every other month.

I got so fed up about the bleeding wedding I had to mute any show I was interested in. No one wants to deny her happiness but it was No 3 or 4 and she had been living with him for years. And as for those grandkids ......

Talking of shutting up.Just turned over from Frank Usher.God all this talk of Pochettes, pool parties,chefs,barbeques,high end food,coupled with two women desperate to talk over each other sealed it for me.That and the fact the jewellry is not couture in my opinion.Strangers running up to them in the street?Really?

Talking of shutting up.Just turned over from Frank Usher.God all this talk of Pochettes, pool parties,chefs,barbeques,high end food,coupled with two women desperate to talk over each other sealed it for me.That and the fact the jewellry is not couture in my opinion.Strangers running up to them in the street?Really?

I agree, not a fan of June at all.

Ali has had a tough time so I always forgave her over-excitement as you could she was just embracing life.

I just caught the end of the Together show and she was gushing about her granddaughters and said I must show you a picture. Of course out came the iPad.

I think she needs to keep talking about her private life to a minimum now. I for one have had enough. I know she has her followers on her blog, so she should put the photos there only.

Latest posts

Back