Alison Cork TSV 01/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll have a look as I have some AC things. I have the pair of pewter effect pheasants (I know, sound awful) which were reduced to one when Mr CC did a kind of swallow dive into the fireplace one evening when he "lost his balance" :glass: :glass: However, they do repair rather well - you'd never know one was in a dozen pieces :mysmilie_17:

CC

To be honest, there are lots of Alison Cork items in the QVC Shrewsbury outlet shop. I popped in the other day & found a bag of her pink poinsettias (the ones that were on the Christmas trees in the studio) that were only £4.99 for 6 so I was well impressed! They are very well made & will add a glam touch next Christmas. I will tune in too, Candycane, & have a look!

they honestly wont go too risky on a TSV

I think they should. Just try something really unusual, striking, not quite outrageous. Let them test the reaction. I'm sure they have a whole segment of watchers who would 'jump to the phones' to buy something that genuinely cannot be found on the DHS.

I cannot believe that they are maximising/optimising their selling opportunities. By having such 'samey ' ranges in clothes, jewellery beauty and home they are marketing to the same group of customers constantly. Most companies actually target new customers, knowing that the majority of existing customers are unlikely to desert them. For example insurance companies who lure people in with a good offer, but then bump up the next year's premium. What percentage customers walk away at that point and find another supplier ?

Sorry if this sounds muddled, just some random thoughts.

I think they should. Just try something really unusual, striking, not quite outrageous. Let them test the reaction. I'm sure they have a whole segment of watchers who would 'jump to the phones' to buy something that genuinely cannot be found on the DHS.

I cannot believe that they are maximising/optimising their selling opportunities. By having such 'samey ' ranges in clothes, jewellery beauty and home they are marketing to the same group of customers constantly.

Well said. Totally agree with you.

Well said. Totally agree with you.

Thanks. We could take it further and suggest that their business model is based on the US market where there are genuinely vast numbers of people who live remotely, hundreds of miles from decent shopping centres. Many of these people will have more 'traditional' tastes in fashion, home stuff etc. In that environment QVC probably have got it right.

I don't believe this business model works equally well here, with a much smaller population most of whom can get to shops far more easily and regularly. Dare I say it - with more sophisticated or modern tastes.

Anyway despite me thinking this isn't rocket science, I must be wrong because presumably they employ the best people to advise on the business strategy.

Well said Erics Mum, and I agree with the whole U.S strategy of shopping. The US have totally different tastes to the British in their homeware and fashion. (as we've said countless times on here re the fashion).

Just watching A Place in the Sun when British buyers are looking for homes in Florida, the style of heavy furniture (beds in particular) are usually in dark wood, kitchens are also mainly in dark wood, a style we have progressed from. I know someone who is currently in the process of buying such a place, and in the throes of furnishing, she was staggered at the lack of choice in furniture. Over here we have finished with the whole 'dark' look and want a more light and airy, white or light wood style. She couldn't find anything remotely like Scandi, or shabby chic, or farmhouse, it was all very predictable.

Even watching old films, a lot of the homes in the mid-West don't have painted walls or wallpaper, its very much dark timber wall panelling with a rustic look. So yes I agree, we have a more sophisticated and varied taste in how we furnish our homes.

I think us Brits are lucky with having such choice. Even Spanish holiday homes only have a limited amount of choice (about 3) in style of beds and dining furniture. I speak with experience having spent a few years selling home on the Costa Blanca. Just watch the holiday programmes again and you'll see the same shape headboard and dining furniture even 30 years after I stopped selling ! Sorry I've digressed.

I couldn't agree more about the boring predictability of QVC offerings of late. But it's interesting that we percieve QVC to be more than just a retailer trying to maximize it's takings. Like the old fella on facebook (see the social media thread) who insists QVC should flog more "men's stuff", be it clothing or DIY etc. I know QVC used to target men with Big Boys' Toys, Men's gold jewellery, collectibles and blokey hobbies but they must have commercial reasons for dropping this type of merchanndise. I think high street shops have gone the same way; reducing their ranges to the safe lines they know will sell.

QVC is just a shop confused with entertainment and service provider, with Q being complicit in creating this illusion.

Completely agree, US and U.K are worlds apart in a lot of merchandise and goods!
Don't get me started on their fashion, it's about 20'years behind us and is dreadful!

QVC should look into improving its retail and giving the British customer more UK styles and preferred choices!

the clothes qvc sell must have high profit margins mainly because they buy huge amounts for us market and ship a fraction of it here. its got to be a massive profit magin.

Alison Cork Pintuck Velvet Bedcover with Linen Cotton Reverse
Item Number: 805633
QVC Price £81.00
Todays Special Value Price £66.00
P&P £0.00

This luxurious bedcover from Alison Cork boasts an incredibly soft, velvet face with gorgeous, vintage-inspired pintuck detail. Available in a selection of on-trend muted shades, instantly add elegance to your existing decor and transform your bedroom into a boudoir.

Timeless taste - by combining the classical pintuck detail with on-trend shades, this refined and iconic feature is brought into the now, with gorgeous on-trend shades of Tea Rose and Steel Blue. Plus, the neutral Grey and Mink options will complement any décor and add a subtle, traditional touch to your current look.

All-year style - enjoy the luxe bedding accessory all year as an extra layer over your duvet in winter or with a light sheet during the summer.

Alison Cork on the pintuck - "I like to design things that are just that little bit different, and the pintuck reminds me of good old fashioned tailoring and my grandmother's sewing skills. I love to bring a hint of tradition and craftsmanship to my products, and I think the pintuck detail does just that."

Face: poly velvet; reverse: 55% linen, 45% cotton; filling: poly
Machine washable at 30C
Bedcover (l x w): 250cm x 260cm (98.4" x 102.4")

Colour options:

Tea rose
Grey
Steel blue
Mink

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.805633

Looks like the miserable Kelly Stroppen with her expensive cheap looking tat should pack her bags and move on, there's a new home interiors "expert" in town, at least her tat is cheaper. :mysmilie_17:

Looks like the miserable Kelly Stroppen with her expensive cheap looking tat should pack her bags and move on, there's a new home interiors "expert" in town, at least her tat is cheaper. :mysmilie_17:

Added to which Alison Cork comes over as a much more approachable human being... No terrified or awestruck presenters, so much pleasanter to watch!

Latest posts

Back