Acer laptop TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just looked on Tesco website, there are LOADS of laptops, nearly all cheaper than this, some with much better specs.

In fact, I am going to walk to my local superstore in a minute to browse around (although they won't have as much range as online)

Back from Tesco. They had 18 laptops on display, but none were the same as on-line, and most were more expensive.

Impossible to find out any details about them eg what memory cards they read. The tech experts "know nothing", the written specs don't tell you.

Nothing quite the same as the TSV eg a lot had bigger disks, but only 1 had 6GB RAM. Some had core 2, some core 3 INTEL processors, but I've no idea how this compares to an AMD core 4. Most did not have separated graphics.

Overall. the TSV seems good value (apart from the dreaded P&P).

I am going to watch the online presentation. I have never had a laptop but have often thought about getting one. They seem much more useful and better value than a fruitpad!

I've fallen off the wagon again.

The main thing that swung it was the built-in XD card reader, very rare to find these days. My Fuji cameras won't let me drag and drop photos, so I have to remove the card, but my card reader has recently broken.

The spec seems higher than anything in Tesco for the price eg quad core, dedicated graphics, 6GB memory. However, a bigger disk would have been nice (many in Tesco are 1TB) and a blu-ray disk would have been great too (I don't have a player) and I would have paid more for this.

The 4EP will help, but already I have lots of things I plan to use it for, I haven't just fallen for the Qhype! Will be nice not to be tied to my desk as well.

Has anyone else gone for it?

PS I know there will be a better cheaper one in 6 months!

Hi Stratobuddy, I bought the Acer 14" Intel Core i3 Laptop 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD QVCTSV a few months ago. It cost £495 and was on easy pay, which helped a great deal. It's really quick to start and process info. I hope this provides a useful comparison with the ACER on offer today in terms of VFM.

It sold out, including advanced orders, so "congratulations" and "well done" to me for "jumping to the phone" and "securing my order".

According to Dale (many times) it has a "gorgeous" processor, although I will never actually see this.

Strato, Debbie Flint referred to someone who's posted online that they had compared Tesco prices which couldn't compete with their TSV! I immediately thought it could be you!

Can't remember the exact hour, probably around 6pm because I was getting ready to go out.

Almost 15 seconds of fame, even if she didn't mean you, I'd claim it as your own Strato if I were you!

Jude xx

stratobuddy i dont know what your feelings are on refurbished items with a 12 month warranty but i saw these

Packard Bell Intel Core® i5™ processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB hard drive £382.94
http://www.bargaincrazy.com/epages/...azy/Products/F040157V/SubProducts/F040157V01R

Acer 5750 Core i5, 6GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive, 15.6" Laptop £452.94
http://www.bargaincrazy.com/epages/...azy/Products/F040157J/SubProducts/F040157J01R

in a choice of 3 colours

but ok i know the TSV was a new one but just givin other options if you were intrested

Thanks, been away a few days so just seen this. My TSV should be arriving soon, then I'll try it under the MBG.

Is an i5 a "5 core" as opposed to the TSV's "gorgeous" 4 core?

Thanks, been away a few days so just seen this. My TSV should be arriving soon, then I'll try it under the MBG.

Is an i5 a "5 core" as opposed to the TSV's "gorgeous" 4 core?

it all depends on what one it is as there is a few different i5's around but they are better processors than i3's and slightly less good than i7's i understand

I received it today.

So far, I have been impressed with the quality of the laptop, and have spent all day downloading the various programs I normally use eg Audacity, Spotify, etc.

At one point, the Windows/tab key stopped working, and I had to do a system restore to get it working again, negating 3 Windows updates its already done today (perhaps one of those stopped it???).

After the restore, it reported a "missing DLL" and I've no idea what this means. It seems to be working OK though.

PS I keep poking the screen because I am used to a touch screen, why don't they make touch screen laptops? The touchpad is taking a lot of getting used to, never used a laptop before!

I received it today.

So far, I have been impressed with the quality of the laptop, and have spent all day downloading the various programs I normally use eg Audacity, Spotify, etc.

At one point, the Windows/tab key stopped working, and I had to do a system restore to get it working again, negating 3 Windows updates its already done today (perhaps one of those stopped it???).

After the restore, it reported a "missing DLL" and I've no idea what this means. It seems to be working OK though.

PS I keep poking the screen because I am used to a touch screen, why don't they make touch screen laptops? The touchpad is taking a lot of getting used to, never used a laptop before!

they do make touchscreen laptops but they aint that common

strato - i'm sure you'll love it. you'll soon get used to the touchpad and i agree about the desk and ipad. i have my lappie on my lap while i watch tv - if i had to sit at a desk, i'm sure i'd hardly be online and i know having to hold an ipad with one hand would drive me nuts.

Got a strange occurrence, but it may be usual on a laptop touchpad?

Often I get ready to click something, then it seems to happen on its own before I touch the pad.

Any ideas, I am finding it quite annoying as it does not always click what I intended?

strato - very common when you're not used to a touchpad. you're inadvertently double clicking. you can alter the touchpad sensitivity - will be in the manual with a 'test' on screen.

Latest posts

Back