9.45 pm: Lori G and Debbie F

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry, having read this back it's a bit of a long-winded rant but it covers what I think.

It's obvious this is not a fashion hour. I can't believe the states of both the women. Lori's dress has more wrinkles than my neighbour's Sha Pei dog and those shoes would look more appropriate on my 16 y/old niece. DF seems to think that following her modest success with the Diet Chef she can get away with wearing short cheap skirts and figure hugging tops.

Neither are teenagers, they are of an age when most women have developed their own style, and presumably both have sufficient income to support a decent wardrobe.

They are professional women whose careers revolve around appearing in front (vast numbers) of the public to sell. I wish they would dress more professionally - and i don't mean business suits in their environment.

I don't subscribe to bitchy remarks for the sake of it, I usually restrict my comments to the presenting styles. However I do believe that being smartly dressed and groomed is an essential requirement for such a job. OK "smartly dressed" is subjective and personal, but just look in the mirror.

I wonder if they to took style advice ftom alison young getup in the dark and point at objects with a stick and think my god this looks fetching. I myself would love to see them dressed head to toe in quacker factory its oh so stylish lol O:)

I agree with you Erics Mum. It would make my viewing a bit less distracting if there were some guidelines in place for the presenters to be in line with more professional look when it comes to dressing (and speaking:giggle:). Especially as QVC tries to project certain image and be the 'leader' in telly shopping. I don't think they should be restricted in their choice so much that they might end up almost wearing a 'uniform', but it wouldn't hurt if they had a real fashion expert on hand to pull their styles together with a bit more cohesion.

It does strike me that there is very eclectic mix of styles amongst the presenters. From AY's altogether questionable dress sense chosen exclusively by her dear hubby, to Debbi's 'it doesn't really do much for your body shape' style as worn in the tonight show. Just yesterday Alison K was on with (here I come beach:cool:) white sleeveless top, hair up with little flyaway strands...Well she looked pretty, but pretty for a day out in the park kind of way, not for presenting Lola Rose show. We all make mistakes sometimes, but the difference is as you quite rightly say they are being seen and judged by many everyday.
Maybe they should pay attention to their cousins over the pond. I've never seen any of the QVC US presenters turned out badly, at all.

Sorry, :mysmilie_7:!

Latest posts

Back