09/08/21 - 15/08/21 Big Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rosa Absolute is one of the few MBs I don’t think I have sniffed. Is it pure rose or a more subtle rose?

Going off at a bit of a tangent here, but as much as I'd like to try some of these pricey beauty brands, I can't think of parting with so much money for them. When I was younger I convinced myself that if you wanted something decent you'd have to pay a price. I believe that the "buy cheap buy twice" mantra might be true with things such as clothing, but with beauty products not so much. If you buy something you don't think is marvellous, you can still use it up - but you just won't buy it again. There's nothing better than finding a budget brand that works wonders - Just a couple of examples I can give are a lipbalm I use that knocks spots of Gale Hayman's liplift, a handcream that's every bit as good as L'occitane and has about 3 times as much in the tube - both under £2 a pop, and a mascara from a shop called Kiko which is £6 and available in a multitude of colours and again knocks spots of the more expensive ones I've bought in the past. I'm the same with perfumes - you can spend crazy money if you want...and I've learned through experimenting with all types I get a bigger buzz from someone saying "wow, you smell nice, what's that?" than "You're wearing JPG aren't you?" I've had the most compliments from my cheapo Missguided "Babe power" (discovered by accident) than anything else - It's about £20 an 80ml bottle, smells divine and lasts all day!

Rosa Absolute is one of the few MBs I don’t think I have sniffed. Is it pure rose or a more subtle rose?
No idea Andi, all I can say is that I hate rose. Like really, really dislike it, but Rosa Absolute is definitely in my Top 10 MB fragrances. Possibly even top 5 when I splash out and treat myself to the reed diffuser as well.

Anyway, we all know you'll give in and buy it eventually, so you might as well just order it now and save us all the suspense 😂

Well we are all very different when it comes to sense of smell, but I find this very fruity rather than just rose. I do like it but it isn’t your standard rose scent imho.
That does help actually. It suggests it’s not overriding rose. I don’t mind a bit of rose so it’s ok if I get that as well.

No idea Andi, all I can say is that I hate rose. Like really, really dislike it, but Rosa Absolute is definitely in my Top 10 MB fragrances. Possibly even top 5 when I splash out and treat myself to the reed diffuser as well.

Anyway, we all know you'll give in and buy it eventually, so you might as well just order it now and save us all the suspense 😂
You cheeky beggar :love: We’re not all weak like you. I’m not getting it actually. Well, not in the next 15 minutes. Who knows what will end up with my name on it after 2pm?! If it’s this, I’ll blame you for goading me! I already have some considerable past expense to blame you for - including two Geranium Nefertum sets (because the first one in the sale last year wasn’t enough).

PS How you feel about rose is how I feel about lily (the heady type, not LOTV).

That does help actually. It suggests it’s not overriding rose. I don’t mind a bit of rose so it’s ok if I get that as well.

You cheeky beggar :love: We’re not all weak like you. I’m not getting it actually. Well, not in the next 15 minutes. Who knows what will end up with my name on it after 2pm?! If it’s this, I’ll blame you for goading me! I already have some considerable past expense to blame you for - including two Geranium Nefertum sets (because the first one in the sale last year wasn’t enough).

PS How you feel about rose is how I feel about lily (the heady type, not LOTV).
I think it smells like a deep rich fruity rose with Turkish delight notes. Its quite nice. Miss it now as I have been buying other MB scents that are newer discoveries.

Going off at a bit of a tangent here, but as much as I'd like to try some of these pricey beauty brands, I can't think of parting with so much money for them. When I was younger I convinced myself that if you wanted something decent you'd have to pay a price. I believe that the "buy cheap buy twice" mantra might be true with things such as clothing, but with beauty products not so much. If you buy something you don't think is marvellous, you can still use it up - but you just won't buy it again. There's nothing better than finding a budget brand that works wonders - Just a couple of examples I can give are a lipbalm I use that knocks spots of Gale Hayman's liplift, a handcream that's every bit as good as L'occitane and has about 3 times as much in the tube - both under £2 a pop, and a mascara from a shop called Kiko which is £6 and available in a multitude of colours and again knocks spots of the more expensive ones I've bought in the past. I'm the same with perfumes - you can spend crazy money if you want...and I've learned through experimenting with all types I get a bigger buzz from someone saying "wow, you smell nice, what's that?" than "You're wearing JPG aren't you?" I've had the most compliments from my cheapo Missguided "Babe power" (discovered by accident) than anything else - It's about £20 an 80ml bottle, smells divine and lasts all day!
What is the lipbalm and handcream you use?
I’m always on the lookout for something new to try. I’m currently enjoying the M&S Fragrance Society hand creams.

What is the lipbalm and handcream you use?
I’m always on the lookout for something new to try. I’m currently enjoying the M&S Fragrance Society hand creams.
Possibility - They have a website called possibility of London,but the prices are a bit dearer so the handcream is £3.99 and currently the lipbalms aren't on the website. Every time I've ordered anything from them they've put in a free lip balm. They sell in outlet stores but I have none near me, Fragrance direct sometimes has a lot of their range and sell a lot cheaper. Savers chemist and the like sometimes stock the range and the lip balms and handcream for 99p each..When I see I always snap them up. In fact I'd recommend the whole range, the only thing I've been disappointed in is their body butters as they're way too thick and don't sink into the skin very well. Like I say the rest of the range is fab!!!

Latest posts

Back