03/12/18 - 09/12/18 Big Deal Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Philosophy 6 Piece Fragrant Layering Collection Big Deal Price £47 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.235673

Garmin Vivofit Junior 2 Activity Tracker with Spare Band Big Deal Price £54.98 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.518248

That Philosophy deal would have been a brilliant TSV. I wonder why it wasn't one? Lots of easy gifts there I would have thought, and nicer than all the jumbo sizes.

That Philosophy deal would have been a brilliant TSV. I wonder why it wasn't one? Lots of easy gifts there I would have thought, and nicer than all the jumbo sizes.

I suspect it is due to not being able to get large amount of stock of the Ballet Rose and Nude Rose.

it wasnt going to be a tsv cause of the bath & shower gel only being 240ml in a tsv i would expect either 480ml or 946ml which was in the last tsv

They have put 240ml bottles in TSVs in past.

it wasnt going to be a tsv cause of the bath & shower gel only being 240ml in a tsv i would expect either 480ml or 946ml which was in the last tsv

I just do not get the obsession with supersizes all the time. They are always the be-all and end-all of everything. If you have a smaller budget, this would give you perfect presents. I just wish I liked these musky Philosophy fragrances, as I love their packaging.

I just do not get the obsession with supersizes all the time. They are always the be-all and end-all of everything. If you have a smaller budget, this would give you perfect presents. I just wish I liked these musky Philosophy fragrances, as I love their packaging.

I don’t think I’ve ever given anyone a present of perfume - I just wouldn’t risk it. Fine if you know they like a particular perfume but of the half a dozen females I buy gifts for, I don’t think any would have heard of Philosophy, or tried it if they had. If I bought this set, it would all be for MEEEE!

Can anyone describe the Ballet Rose, Nude Rose and/or Baby Grace smells? I know the ones in the other option set.

I don’t like it when TSVs consist of a supersize and another large size then the presenters say spilt it up give the supersize to x this large size to x and the rest pop in crackers, table settings or hang on the tree.
Surely reasonable priced sets that you can give as a whole would in my opinion be a better gift.
Plus all this mix and matching with bits here and there, shouldn’t be sold with “oh and you have until the end of January to return.” Well no cause what you going to do if an item doesn’t suit go around collecting everything off everybody to return for a refund.
:mysmilie_11:

Looks like this was a TSV that couldn't make it over fthe pond in time, and Sazza is right there have been 240ml bottles of bath and shower in a TSV before.

Can anyone describe the Ballet Rose, Nude Rose and/or Baby Grace smells? I know the ones in the other option set.

The reviews HERE are a little mixed. Some saying they can't detect the rose element in them, which seems odd. That said I can't wear a single-note rose scent so this might actually tempt me to buy!

Unless I know someone who loves a certain fragrance I'd never impose half a litre (or more) on them as a present; the only exception being my DS's girlfriend: I know she loves fruity, good enough to eat scents and she did indeed love the Molton Brown Rhubarb shower gel I gave her.

That said, I love litre-sizes if it's a product we use everyday, like ABC Tea tree wash and Philosophy Purity. I'm hoping Q might restock the 2 x 1 litre set of Purity - a full one in my bathroom and decent and split the second one between DD and DS.

QVC's sales pitch offers a range of justifications for buying, aimed at people who are actually buying for themselves. It tempers the guilt of the purchase (I know cos I've done it!) telling ourselves we'll give part away.
:blush::nod:

The reviews HERE

QVC's sales pitch offers a range of justifications for buying, aimed at people who are actually buying for themselves. It tempers the guilt of the purchase (I know cos I've done it!) telling ourselves we'll give part away.

Something I have done too. :blush:

I don’t like giving supersizes as presents - unless people know QVC and understand the way they sell, huge sizes can look cheap rather than generous.

I am tempted by the Rose option as, sadly, I am always tempted to try new fragrances. Philosophy don’t tend to be strong, so I think they are more giftable than most if you know the preferred fragrance family of the person you are gifting to.

Can’t find when the next presentation is though.

I don’t like giving supersizes as presents - unless people know QVC and understand the way they sell, huge sizes can look cheap rather than generous.

I am tempted by the Rose option as, sadly, I am always tempted to try new fragrances. Philosophy don’t tend to be strong, so I think they are more giftable than most if you know the preferred fragrance family of the person you are gifting to.

I think the big deals would be presented on beauty or style channel, if at all.

The reviews HERE are a little mixed. Some saying they can't detect the rose element in them, which seems odd. That said I can't wear a single-note rose scent so this might actually tempt me to buy!

Unless I know someone who loves a certain fragrance I'd never impose half a litre (or more) on them as a present; the only exception being my DS's girlfriend: I know she loves fruity, good enough to eat scents and she did indeed love the Molton Brown Rhubarb shower gel I gave her.

That said, I love litre-sizes if it's a product we use everyday, like ABC Tea tree wash and Philosophy Purity. I'm hoping Q might restock the 2 x 1 litre set of Purity - a full one in my bathroom and decent and split the second one between DD and DS.

sadly that duo acutally sold out the other week im waiting for that 1893ml super MEGA size they did last year as it was £41.25 + post & worked out a few £ cheaper than the duo you wanted

its only presented on the Q Beauty Channel as its pre-recorded but the video is on the item link in my OP but its usually every couple of hours at the top of the hour on that channel as it dont go live anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Ian that double super size of Purity would work too - we hang on to a couple of the smaller pump bottles and decant into them. I'll keep and eye on it in case they restock in the New Year. Come to think of it Philosophy often does a good value set with purity, fragrance etc (usually pre-viewed at the Beauty Bash)- we can hang on for a couple more months until I see the best deal. :mysmilie_59:

Supersize skin care - I have a theory that those huge 200ml pots of moisturiser tend to feature from the brands based in Germany such as Judith Williams, M.Asam and Flora Mare..or is it that the brands appear on HSN and HSE and their market research says bigger sells better? With these mega sizes there's a danger the contents will start to go off before they get used up.

Cheers Ian that double super size of Purity would work too - we hang on to a couple of the smaller pump bottles and decant into them. I'll keep and eye on it in case they restock in the New Year. Come to think of it Philosophy often does a good value set with purity, fragrance etc (usually pre-viewed at the Beauty Bash)- we can hang on for a couple more months until I see the best deal. :mysmilie_59:

Supersize skin care - I have a theory that those huge 200ml pots of moisturiser tend to feature from the brands based in Germany such as Judith Williams, M.Asam and Flora Mare..or is it that the brands appear on HSN and HSE and their market research says bigger sells better? With these mega sizes there's a danger the contents will start to go off before they get used up.

I discovered one of these in my stash and I'm embarrassed to admit I've been using it as body moisturiser to use it up before it goes off...and I'm still only halfway through it!

im hoping for that one but this year they didnt do that very kinda set you were on about im thinking maybe cause they did that big purity on its own

Oh dear. I see what you mean about the reviews. One of them describes the Ballet or Nude Rose as having "a touch of ammonia about it and can end up smelling like stale wee". Right up my street!

Does your daughter's friend like Falling in Love? I really like that on me and for all the feedback from so many people about how Philosophy fragrances don't last, I can still smell it hours later. Hey-ho, we're all different (as I say at least once a week on here, I think!).

Thanks everyone who answered my qu about the Big Deals screenings. I haven’t been able to get on this site for a few months, so missed that info somewhere along the line.

Latest posts

Back