£29 for pork scratchings !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Unbelievable.

As far as I know, they are made from a waste product of the pig.

http://www.qvcuk.com/The-Snaffling-...html?sc=SRCHDR&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-805890
I would want the whole ****** pig for that, then they have the cheek of charging you 6 quid postage for the privilege of them ripping you off. I bet they don't tell you how fatty they are and how many million calories the contain. When we all get fat and bloated eating them, the Q will wheel out all the diet aids to help us shed the pounds that they encouraged up to put on in the first place. That's a no to pork scratching by the way
:mysmilie_5::mysmilie_466:

Last edited:
i tried them a few years ago not this brand btw but it cost me a small fortune in dental work

Utter, utter rip off. Don't buy pork scratching on there or any shop.

Just go on EBay, type in 'pork scratchings' and you can get a big kilogramme bag for £9.99. I have bought them several times and they taste great and it lasts for ages. Free p&p!

You could even buy kilner jars for next to nothing and fill them up, put some tinsel round it an give them as Christmas presents for far cheaper than rip-off merchants QVCheats...

I bet It's not even organic outdoor raised pig for that price.What a rip off for a bit of fried,seasoned skin. Even Homer Simpson would resist. images-7.jpeg

Utter, utter rip off. Don't buy pork scratching on there or any shop.

Just go on EBay, type in 'pork scratchings' and you can get a big kilogramme bag for £9.99. I have bought them several times and they taste great and it lasts for ages. Free p&p!

You could even buy kilner jars for next to nothing and fill them up, put some tinsel round it an give them as Christmas presents for far cheaper than rip-off merchants QVCheats...
Although why you would want to give pork scratchings as a Christmas present I would never know......oh! Silly me, QVC suggested it :mysmilie_17:

I know my brothers and father would like this. I think a lot of men who like pubs and snacks to go with their beer in front of the telly. My dad would have gone spare if my mum bought them from QVC and found out the price of them.

I think, if you love pork scratchings (guilty) that this would be good value without the usual shenanigans with P&P.

The jar is 300 grams, with 2x 150 gram refills.
Lakeland are doing a 100 gram jar for £8.99 (+ £2.99 if not collecting from a store, or spending over £35 on an order).
On The Snaffling Pig website a single jar in the 300 gram size costs £15.99, and they do refills starting from £14 up to £15 for 2 refill bags weighing 150 grams each (but you can mix and match which flavours). £2.95 standard delivery (free if order is over £30).
So on the basis I think the QVC offer of £28.95 would be only marginally cheaper than going directly to The Snaffling Pig and buying the equivalent quantity. Worse case, going for the flavours in the refill at £14 you would pay £32.94 or trade up to one of the more expensive refill options and get free postage, so pay £30.49.

The Snaffling Pig do 50 gram foil packs starting at £18 for 12 packs which works out at a very competitive £1.50 per pack (the ones I like best in the shops are M&S which are also £1.50 per bag).

You can get excellent deals on loads of brands of them at Amazon (what a way to use Amazon Prime!!!).

A bit of googling and you can find many recipes and how to guides to make your own pork scratchings too.

Do you have to get a pig first?

I've never tasted them, so no idea what they are made of, but I thought it may be skin, which is a waste product apart from leather.

I've never tried them, although having seen them (and had zilch desire to eat any - no, thanks), the thing that would worry me would be the possible dental bills I'd need to pay after crunching them! It's an arm and a leg just for a checkup these days, let alone anything complicated.

Oh yuk! I'd chew my own arm off before I ate pork of any kind. £29 though, doesn't surprise me.

I've never tried them, although having seen them (and had zilch desire to eat any - no, thanks), the thing that would worry me would be the possible dental bills I'd need to pay after crunching them! It's an arm and a leg just for a checkup these days, let alone anything complicated.

You're right H, I think I paid for my dentist latest family holiday. :mysmilie_17:

Chloe said they were lovely. I guess if such a common person (as my dad would say of course) as her who eats pie butties and other such atrocities (such as tripe ((he did)) and jellied eels - probably not as she's from up North), then says they're good then - they're not good lol.

Each to their own and the above was in jest. I used to eat scratchings when I lived in London and did pubs a lot but yes, they break your teeth.

CC

Don't eat them if you wear dentures. They will get broken. Don't try and suck them if you take your teeth out. You will be sucking on it all night...

Pork Scratchings of any kind I find repulsive, yes even £29 Pork Scratchings, but hairy ones?! Can you pass me a bucket please! :puke:

Pork Scratchings of any kind I find repulsive, yes even £29 Pork Scratchings, but hairy ones?! Can you pass me a bucket please! :puke:

They were big in the 70s and early 80s. There was alway a guy that used to come round the working menus clubs at the weekends selling them and prawns. God knows how old the prawns were but we were tougher in those days. They used to sell loads and because they were so salty you drank more beer... Win win really. :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back